Sunday, February 6, 2011

SPLAT

I think I mentioned in an earlier post that I was just going crazy with all the different words for down I was creating. Flop, for the lay on one hip and don't whine down-stay down. Down for the throw away just lay down down. And the one I've been working on recently SPLAT. After a lot of false starts my criteria for splat became get down fast without touching the barrier in front of you. The barrier started out as a broad jump board on it's side. Now it's down to a jump bar, which I should be able to fade soon. The video clip shows a splat from a recall, one or two on a verbal from a stand, and the last one is on a hand signal (that you can't see since my flip was set too close to get me in it. I think it's coming along nicely, now that I have an actual criteria for it that I can reinforce.



Yes, I know he hit the pole in the first one, but I gave it to him because he slips on my mat, and I kind of like the sliding down :) On the video he anticipated the first verbal splat, that I didn't catch in real time...which is why I love video!

No comments:

Post a Comment