Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Goal setting

It's been a busy week. I used to feel bad, almost guilty, when life got in the way of dog training. But these past few months I've come to discover that is just a waste of energy. If there is time to train...great! But when life gets in the way the dogs are there to cuddle with and get some unconditional love from.

However, I found this wonderful blog that is written by another teacher. She has a great goal setting exercise. It includes a powerpoint about Smart goals, a worksheet to help you set your own goals, and a fun quick quiz to look at your strengths.

This weekend I'm off to a Jack Knox herding clinic. I'll have a report when I get back :)

1 comment:

  1. Your first paragraph is so true. I have learned over the last couple years what is truly important and what is not. I was so thankful to have my dogs beside me during my ruff, I mean rough time.

    The blog link was nice, thanks for sharing.

    Have a wonderful weekend, can't wait to read about your learning.

    Blessings!!

    ReplyDelete