Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Rumi lesson 2--Obedience

I am continually amazed by Rumi and how much energy and stamina he has for training. And he is very forgiving of mistakes I may make. After our 3 lessons with Laura Romanik (whom if she had a website I would gladly link to it ), I have some good solid concrete goals for the next 5 or so weeks. First of all, here is a link to him working in December at an ASCA show in wildcard novice.
This was at a busy dog show with lunch begin cooked and all the usual dog show hubub. So here are our goals:

Work in at least one new place for each of the next 5 weeks.
Work on the forging in straight line heeling.
Work our left turns (and I need to not slow down)
Work on about turns (and I need to not slow down)
Work on the coming back to me on the retrieve faster
Work on Rumi being able to do things with the dumbbell in the mouth (when his mouth is engaged he forgets he can use his hind end to jump/climb)

Of course we'll have other things we're working on like go outs, broad jumps with targets, gloves, signals, drops,.... But the above is our focus. I'll try and post every time we work someplace new.

1 comment:

  1. Great list to work on. Do you get to take lessons often with Laura?
    I am having trouble teaching Baylor to heel! He is 5 and we do not even have the novice exercises down pat.
    Loved watching the video, thanks for sharing.
    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete